Sunday, September 28, 2014

Unprocessed October 2014

Justin and I have been slowly embarking on eating healthier.  It's been a VERY slow process.  Especially for Justin.  Whole foods.  Vegetables.  Cooking from Scratch.  It's something Justin and I have always struggled with.  I love whole foods and vegetables--Justin on the otherhand--runs away screaming like a little school girl at the sight of green anything.  Thankfully--things are changing and he has began trying more and more things.  He even ate an ENTIRE SERVING of peas the other day.  Like woah.  The Justin I met 12 years ago would have NEVER EVER put them anywhere near his mouth! 


When I purchased the 100 Days of Real Food cookbook a few weeks back I was super excited!  I loved that there were super easy, super yummy looking recipes in it.  It was something that we COULD do.  And even with our crazy busy life.  And then my husband started to read it.  Like read it more than I did.  Especially the 1st half of the book--where it talks about all the stuff food has in it.  And ya...HE started to change.


And then...I mentioned the Unprocessed October challenge.  And Justin wasn't sure.  Then, last weekend we had Jordyn's baptism--and we cooked unprocessed foods--easily and quickly.  And, he was sold.  And then last week we got to talking about grocery shopping and finding recipes we could make.  And he found some...lots actually.  That were simple, quick, and sounded delicious. 


Is it going to be easy?  No.  Are we going to be perfect?  No.  (Hello French vanilla creamer I have yet to figure out a better substitute).  BUT--we are going to try.  We are going to put our best foot forward and give it a go.  And we are allowing ourselves one cheat/out to eat meal a week. 


Justin told me last night--that he didn't want to just do 30 days--but for us to make a lifestyle change.  And I totally agree with him--but first--let's get through 30 days! :) 


We are excited and I plan on blogging as we go! :)  It should be a good move and hopefully it will help me shed some of this crazy weight gain that has been going on with me lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment