Saturday, October 18, 2014

When you love what you do...

I am now 9+ weeks into my 1st year teaching kindergarten at my school.  In the beginning it was a lot of work, however....I loved it.  It is still a lot of work...but I STILL love it.  I am just in love with teaching Kindergarten.  I LOVE it.  I love the age, I love the content, I love that I can have fun with my students and be silly and talk about my kids and they love it.  We have so much fun--and my students seem to all enjoy school!

Ever heard the saying "When you love the work you do, you don't work a day in your life?"  That's totally how I feel.  As a working mom I often think about being a stay-at-home Mom.  While I definitely would love the freedom and the opportunities to spend and stay with my trio--I honestly LOVE what I am doing--so it doesn't feel like I am going to work.  Ya, I don't exactly like getting up every morning and it gets daunting day after day.  BUT--my Mom does such an amazing job with not only the boys but with Jordyn.  And Jordyn absolutely loves her grandma (the boys do too!).  I know they are in such great hands!

As a working mom I think about all the things I am "missing" out on--but, then I think about all the experiences I am having at school.  When a student who has been struggling starts making HUGE strides (true story here!), when they are constantly sharing stories with you, when you celebrate loosing a tooth!  When you can be silly and crazy while learning to count to 8!  And then, I realize...

I am right where I need to be.  A mom to three AND a kindergarten teacher.  Because by golly gosh--I love my trio AND my kindergarten students!

No comments:

Post a Comment